Team Lead Tunnelling
Royal IHC has ambitious plans to grow its tunneling business unit. Over the last two and half years an enthusiastic, dedicated and experienced Dutch/German tunnelling team has been established. The first two microtunnel boring machines (MTBM's) have been added to the IHC rental fleet and the first rental projects are about to start. Conversations with financiers are ongoing to add another four MTBM's to the fleet. A partnership with the Tunnel Services Group (TSG) from Germany is in full swing. Altogether a start-scale up within the Royal IHC group of companies with lots of ambition and ready for the next step.
In order to support the ambitious growth we are looking for a Team Lead Tunnelling who can drive and manage this expansion. A true spider in the web who will act as the linking pin between the technology and the business. A people manager with a proven reputation in commerce. With skills in international cooperation and negotiation by combining business acumen with a team-player personality. Passionate about the technology, international business and entrepreneurship.
You will be responsible for the design and proposal desk, tender management, commercial closings in close cooperation with the sales manager(s), expanding the business and prepare for future growth. You will be part of the management team.
Also building, maintaining and expanding a network of (new) internal and external stakeholders/partners, as well as contributing to and initiating external representation (at conferences, seminars, etc.) in cooperation with other functional disciplines is part of the role.
The Team Lead position should eventually grow into a General Management role when the growth of the business is realized. You will hierarchically report to the Cluster Director Mining & Tunnelling (Exec) and functionally to the Commercial Director Mining & Tunnelling.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage the IHC Tunnelling team (7 FTE);
- Design, proposal and tender management;
- Coordination of all relevant stakeholders interests in proposal and deal making process;
- Sales support and being part of the negotiation/bid teams up to contract closure;
- Remaining in tune during project execution, monitoring progress, and managing customer relationships and expectations in close cooperation with project management and sales;
- Handling problems/disputes/claims from customers and coordinating/initiating solutions in consultation with relevant stakeholders;
- Realizing targets according to the business plan;
- Signaling issues/improvement potential in business development, sales and account management processes, and proactively presenting suggestions and/or resolutions to management;
- Further drive and grow the partnership with TSG;
- Identify and establish potential industry/customer partnerships.
Other aspects of this role
- As part of the Mining & Tunnelling cluster you are also expected to contribute to the growth of all activities within the Mining & Tunnelling cluster.
- You will be expected to also develop and maintain relationships with the other clusters of IHC, in particular the international entities and organization.
- Professional with minimum 10 years of relevant industry and working experience;
- Leadership skills to motivate and coach people;
- Experience in the tunnelling and/or mining market;
- Strong communication skills, with fluent English and German;
- Excellent business writing skills and capability to present and defend proposals and business cases;
- Strong commercial legal affinity;
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with team player mentality.
You will be based in Kinderdijk, The Netherlands, but also required to work on a regular basis in the Tunnelling office in Erkelenz Germany. International travelling will also be part of the job.