Sherakhan Yachting Projects BV
Chief Officer II/2 or higher for a luxury charter ...
For our charter yacht Sherakhan, we’re looking for an experienced and motivated Chief Officer! Sherakhan (70mtr, 1945GT) is classed by Bureau Veritas as a passenger ship, flying the Dutch Flag and is fully commercially operated. The vessel’s regular sailing areas are Mediterranean, Red Sea and Caribbean. Hospitality is one of our key-strengths, and we expect all our crew including the Chief Officer to dearly value this aspect of our business.
We’re looking for a Chief Officer with excellent communication skills, hands-on, a creative thinker, solution-oriented and able to work in a multicultural environment. The crew consists of captain+18/19, with various nationalities. Official language (spoken and written) is English, so it’s very important to have well-developed English language skills!
We value experience, people skills, management- and leadership qualities. Backgrounds in gastronomy/hospitality as well as in the charter-industry are also preferable. You have strong management and organizational skills enabling you to perform solidly during charter operations.
- STCW II/2 Chief Mate all ships <3.000 GT or higher (preferably holder of a Dutch COC)
- ENG1, European Seafarer Medical Certificate (it may also be from Iceland, Liechtenstein, UK, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, China, India, New Zealand, Ukraine, United Kingdom and South Africa)
- Basic Training (STCW VI/1)
- Proficiency in Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats (STCW VI/2-1)
- Advanced Fire Fighting (STCW VI/3)
- Passenger ship Crisis Management and Human Behavior (STCW V/2, paragraph 8-section A-V/2.4)
- Passenger ship Crowd Management (STCW V/2, paragraph 7-section A-V/2.3)
- Safety Training for Personnel Providing Direct Service to Passengers in Passenger Spaces (STCW V/2 paragraph 6-section A-V/2.2)
- Security Awareness
- Designated Security Duties
Note: all certificates are valid for at least 6 months upon embarkation. In case you’re not in possession of the above mentioned Passenger ship certificates, you’re willing to acquire these certifications.
Employment is based on a Dutch contract including a rotational schedule upon agreement. Estimated start-date would be September 2022.
We look forward to get in contact with you! Please send us an e-mail with your current CV including a photograph of yourself and your motivational letter (all in English) to [email protected] in attention to Ms. Cynthia van Drie-Quiles (only applications sent by e-mail will be taken into account!).
We’re looking forward to receiving your application!