The Spliethoff Group, consisting of Spliethoff, BigLift Shipping, Transfennica, Sevenstar Yacht Transport, Wijnne & Barends and Bore, is one of the largest shipping companies in the Netherlands. Since its founding in 1921, Spliethoff has built up an excellent reputation within the shipping industry as a reliable and innovative partner with an enormous knowledge and experience. Our head office is in Amsterdam.
Spliethoff Technical department is responsible for planning and execution of all technical and nautical maintenance of our current and future vessels. For our Technical department in Amsterdam we are looking for a Vessel Superintendent.
The vessel Superintendent is responsible for coordinating the daily support and follow-up of planned and break down maintenance, repair activities of assigned vessels, in order to maintain technical status and maximize update. Arranging statutory surveys with Classification authorities and maintains the fleet up to the respective Class standards. Prepare and maintain yearly budgets for assigned vessels. Carrying out repair / maintenance projects within the most efficient, safe and environmental way and supervising the repair / maintenance team (incl 3rd parties).
We are looking for someone who has high standards for work and acts accordingly. You are independent, analytical, flexible and willing to travel. You are a Teamworker with contribution to joined results and focusing on organization goals together.
- Higher Vocational Education (HTS/MTS) Scheepswerktuigkundige B of C, Werktuigbouw or scheepsbouwkunde.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in similar position as Superintendent.
- Knowledge of the applicable occupational Health & Safety rules and Class / Flag state certificates.
- Knowledge of Fleet Management system.
- Knowledge of Project Management and associated IT systems.
- Knowledge of MS office software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing (Dutch and English).
What do we offer?
In addition to a good salary and excellent benefits, we offer a challenging position with corresponding responsibilities in a pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic growing company with an open and positive corporate culture.
Do you have the required knowledge, experience, and interested?
Send your resume supplemented with a motivation letter to Wendy Blom, [email protected]
Do you want more information please contact Ton Schouten on telephone number 020-4488.659.