Green Award certifies ships that are extra clean and extra safe. A large number of ports, maritime service providers and suppliers recognize the value of Green Award worldwide. They offer special rates and other advantages to the Green Award vessels. The Green award certificate confirms the high quality of the vessel and it contributes to a positive image of the ship owner with all the advantages this entails.
A Green Award ship meets high, but manageable technical and managerial requirements Currently 282 vessels are GA certified. The ship certification is available for ship types oil and chemical tankers, bulk carriers, LNG and LPG carriers, container carriers, offshore vessels and RoRo in various DWT ranges. Apart from sea going ships, almost 1.000 inland barges and river cruises are certified.
The small, informal Rotterdam-based office of the Green Award Foundation is looking for a
SHIP SURVEYOR (1 FTE)
with appropriate technical and auditing skills to inspect ships in order to make sure they meet the high, technical and managerial Green Award Requirements.
The successful applicant will
- speak and write the English language fluently
- have 12 years experience working as a maritime officer
- be a qualified master / chief engineer for all ships
- preferably have experience on ships with a DWT > 20.000
- preferably be familiar with quality systems and surveys
- have IT-skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- be living within a commutable radius of Rotterdam
- be prepared to travel worldwide by plane, car and public transport
- be a team player and also
- willing and able to work alone worldwide on a routine basis, also during evenings and weekends
We offer an informal / friendly & flexible work environment with benefits to e.g. health-care insurance and pension-fund, actual salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
Applications stating qualifications, experience and contact details would be welcomed by Bureau Green Award, Att. Mrs. Hazel-Jones / Business support unit.