Project Lead Platform (IJmuiden Ver)
The position of the Project Manager is to manage multiple contracts for the design, fabrication, certification and offshore installation of one or more platforms in a safe manner, within time and budget, and meeting TenneT's quality standard. As a project lead you'll be at the heart of the Dutch energy transition scheme and contribute to the international exploitation of the North Sea wind resource. The platform related work packages include the platform structure and the auxiliary equipment supporting the high voltage systems. They do not include the platform based high voltage systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the development of suitable contracts and contractual interfaces for the platform related work packages
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive procurement strategy aimed at qualifying and contracting suitable contractors, suppliers and vendors from around the world
- Prepare a detailed project execution plan
- Set-up, manage and motivate a dedicated platform project team in close cooperation with and matching the other project work streams in TenneT's project organisation.
- Effectively manage the execution of the platform related contracts ensuring contractor compliance with project HSE requirements, milestones, budget, quality and documentation requirements.
- Manage the interfaces between the platforms contracts, the integration of the high voltage equipment, the connection of the submarine cables to the platform and the communication with the land station in close cooperation with the other work streams
- Co-ordinate and communicate with external stakeholders such as Rijkswaterstaat, Staatstoezicht op de Mijnen, Kustwacht and the owners of the offshore wind farms.
- Contribute to the standardisation of the 2GW platform design, project management approach and to the optimisation of synergies between TenneT's offshore grid connection projects.- Master or Bachelor degree in Offshore Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a comparable technical discipline
- At least 10+ years of experience in key positions in complex projects, preferably in the design, fabrication, certification and commissioning of offshore platforms
- Acquaintance with offshore legislation and cost of ownership aspects of offshore installations will be an advantage
- Experience with interface management, preferable in a multi lot contract set up
- Personal skills are extremely important for this role: you have great analytical skills, can abstract complex matters to the essence of what is required, can steer and coach a team in a motivating way, have a great feeling for organising complex processes, and have the natural ability to liaise in an effective way with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to bridge (conflicting) interests. A strong political antenna comes as an advantage.
- You show strong leadership, courage and ownership for reaching the results within your scope
- You have excellent verbal and written communication in Dutch and English
- Physical fitness and willingness to travel abroad (including Far East) as TenneT is looking for platform fabricators and suppliers world-wideTenneT is a solid stable employer that shows high growth, performing a crucial role in society. A company with one of the biggest investment programs in the country and relations with a wide range of institutions. Within TenneT, Offshore Wind is one of the most revolutionary developments with an attractive long term outlook. TenneT is globally a top offshore grid developer, being the biggest investor in the German energy transition. We offer a responsible position within one of the most dynamic settings in the energy sector in a fascinating and dynamic international working environment. You will receive a competitive salary package (salary range up to EUR 9.000 gross per month) and excellent secondary benefits (up to 15% bonus, contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme)
Duty station for this position is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (Extra) High Voltage lines and 36 million end users in the Netherlands and Germany we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a north-west European energy market and to integrate renewable energy. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. Based on this agreement the decision to realize 3.500 MW of offshore wind energy. In 2019 the Roadmap 2030 has been published resulting in another 7.000 MW up to 2030. A roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, including the IJmuiden Ver offshore wind project which requires the realization of two 2 GW HVDC offshore grid connections. In addition, Tennet will also connect more offshore wind farms in the German Sector, adding up to a portfolio of five 2GW connections to be completed by 2030.
A key part of these grid connections is the offshore high voltage station in which the 66kV alternating current from the wind farms will be converted into 525kV direct current. To be able to serve this function the platform topside may be as large as 120 x 70 x 40m, and weigh approximately 20,000T.
TenneT has just started the design of a standard platform for the 2GW grid connection portfolio. In this context we are currently looking for a safety, quality and result driven and enthusiastic Project Lead in the role of: Project Manager Offshore Platform