Technologist HVSS and AUX SCADA
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Development of the future Offshore HVSS and AUX SCADA system design - mainly the protection and control concepts;
• Perform and interpret the necessary grid development studies;
• Develop and draft technical specifications;
• Act as expert and actively contribute as knowledge carrier;
• Participate in relevant internal and external knowledge sharing groups, driving the Offshore ambition;
• Participate in tender processes. Explain our specifications to, check the offers from and discuss/negotiate with possible suppliers. Select together with the purchasing department the best possible supplier;
• Take care of quality of delivered products from suppliers together with the project teams responsible for realization of the grid. Secure the quality of our assets with regard of the expected lifetime;
• Advise on the technical solutions during the project realization phase, or check the proposed solutions on quality;
• You have a (electro/IT) technical education on at least Bachelor level or comparable
• You have good communication skills in English as well as Dutch
• You are decisive, proactive, socially strong with a good insight in various interests of all relevant asset users within TenneT and outside TenneT
• You are result oriented, able to work in small internal and external project teams.
• You have the ability to switch from discussing on a high over future vision to analysing detailed secondary issues and vice versa
• You have at least 10 years of experience Industrial Automation
• General knowledge Control and Safeguarding systems; SCADA, DCS, SIS, FGS,
• SCADA-DCS; SIEMENS-PAS, SICAM-SCC (WinCC + Power-library), SIPROTEC-5/DIGSI5, Ruggedcom-switchs
• IEC-61850 Substation Automation-networks,
• General understanding of Industrial Automation-networks (Modbus, Ethernet, OPC),
• Process Control and Safeguarding Narrative, Cause and Effect Matrix, P&ID,
• Electrical Equipment, GIS, IEDs, Transformers and Converters, UPS, Electrical line schematics, Shunt-reactors, Capacitor-banks, Active- & Reactive power,
• HVA/C climate control systems,
• FAS/FES/FGS – detection, Inert gas- & Foam- injection systems,
• International Engineering Standards (ISA, IEC, DNVGL, NORSOK),
• IPF Management Plan, Verification and Validation,
• Process Control and Safeguarding Narrative, Cause and Effect Matrix, P&Ids,
• SCADA-systems; FAT, SAT, Commissioning procedure, Start-up
You will report to the Manager Asset Management Offshore NL.
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible position within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. Next to that we have good salary structure (up to max EUR 7150 gross per month) and an excellent benefits package (40 days leave, 8% holiday allowance, 6% end of year bonus and EUR 60,- gross per month for medical insurance, good pension scheme). Last but certainly not least, we also offer good training and development possibilities.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 22,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
As a result of the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply, offshore wind developments have taken a prominent position within TenneT in the Netherlands. Technical concepts (e.g. standard platforms) are developed, the realization phase for the first offshore grid connections have started, while the preparation for the another two HVAC offshore grid connections (design, spatial, permits, procurement) and future HVDC grid connections is ongoing.
The Asset Management Offshore department (AMO) is responsible for the grid connection development, the design and standardization, the O&M strategy, the technical framework-setting and the asset specifications for the offshore grid development in the Netherlands and Germany. This includes the X-Win projects in Germany, the AC offshore wind connections in the Netherlands, the offshore interconnectors, and the future HVDC offshore development on the North Sea.