The Environmental Engineer Stakeholder Engagement is an innovative and enthusiastic thinker and connector who is involved in (inter)national dredging and marine engineering projects from the tender phase to project implementation.
The Environmental Engineer Stakeholder Engagement is the point of contact within the company about potential social and environmental impacts and their consequences and can directly interact with internal and external customers to advise on the approach, organizations and consequences of various project aspects and specifications mentioned in relevant project documentation. With a wide range of social skills you are the connector between technology and non-technical content and you can provide added value based on that connection. This ensures a broad focus on environmental and social awareness and opportunities for the development of innovative and sustainable applications such as Building with Nature.
- Development and implementation of strategies and plans for stakeholder engagement, and management of environmental and social impacts in the broad sense of the word.
- Carrying out, supervising or checking the processes in tender and implementation in order to arrive at implementation plans, license applications or other relevant documentation.
- Providing support to projects in progress in dealing with stakeholder, social and environmental opportunities and problems, including guiding specialist external consultants in this regard.
- Initiating and following up collaboration in research and development programmes.
To contribute to Van Oord's sustainable working method, we expect you to be a social, well-organized team player who can also work independently, at the office or at project locations at home and abroad. Your strong communication, network and presentation skills enable you to maintain good contact with clients, subcontractors and research organizations. You bring a creative and result-oriented attitude with you.
Furthermore you have:
- MSc or PhD in social science, environmental science, ecology or similar relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in (wet) contracting, construction of offshore or offshore wind in relation to stakeholder or environmental issues.
- Excellent (intercultural) communication skills including a thorough command of the English language, verbally and in writing;
- A background in governance processes and relationships, with demonstrable experience in developing partnerships and stakeholder engagement.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organization, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things: a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- a pension scheme;
- a variable bonus;
- extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- an adequate travel allowance;
- collective health insurance (optional);
- flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below. Do you have any questions? Please contact Bas van der Muren.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.