Project Engineer Offshore Wind
Are you creative, do you have innovative ideas and are you interested in a job that challenges you every day? For our offshore and offshore wind projects we are looking for Project Engineers.
In the role of Project Engineer, you will be involved in offshore and offshore wind projects from design up to and including installation. You will work alternately from our office in Gorinchem and the project locations.
- Contact person for the Project Manager, the project team and other stakeholders;
- Preparing and implementing specific (working) methods with risk analysis;
- Providing coordination and advice in the event of technical problems;
- Supervising subcontractors;
- Reviewing and following up on documentation for subcontractors and others;
- Checking document control registers in order to be sure that work instructions, working methods and drawings have been issued.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering, preferably in Offshore Engineering or Maritime Infrastructure;
- At least two years' relevant work experience, preferably in the offshore (wind) industry;
- Experience of supporting projects and managing external engineering and suppliers;
- A good command of English, spoken and written;
- Strong communication and social skills;
- An independent, practical and creative person who can solve problems, dares to take decisions and is able to work in project teams;
- A flexible attitude with regard to travelling and working at project locations.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Additional allowances for working on board / on project locations abroad;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below. Do you have any questions? Please contact Floris Wijnveldt.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.