Project Manager Dredging International
Are you looking for a worldwide challenge and do you have passion for water construction? Then read about what Van Oord can offer you. For our national and international dredging and infra projects we are looking for experienced Project ManagersAs a Project Manager you are responsible for the completion of a dredging project within the deadline and budget available. You will be the first point of contact for the client.
- Coming up with creative technical solutions that enable you to complete a project successfully with the resources available;
- Within our safety rules and quality standards maximising the operational result and profits;
- Responsibility for your team and the equipment;
- Maintaining contacts with the responsible manager and supporting departments at the head office.
- A university or higher professional qualification in civil engineering or similar;
- A minimum of ten years work experience in water construction or dredging;
- Willingness to work abroad for an average of eight months a year;
- Ambition to take on a management position and transfer your knowledge to others;
- A team player who is focused on results and who has strong analytical skills;
- Fluent in English and preferably other languages.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Additional allowances for working on board / on project locations abroad;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below. Do you have any questions? Please contact Doreen van Gelderen.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.