Project Planner Offshore Tenders
Are you interested in a new challenge advancing tender and project planning in a dynamic, fast-growing maritime and infrastructure company with projects across the globe? Are you an experienced Planner with a taste for civils and infrastructure projects and knowledge of the maritime industry? Are you decisive, creative and proactive? Are you equally comfortable being a Project Planning sparring partner for project and tender engineers, as well as directors on a strategic level? Do you consider yourself an expert ambassador for project and tender Planning? Apply for the role of Project Planner Offshore at Van Oord!
As a Project Planner you provide plan and project control support to tender managers to successfully plan and create complying proposals. You will work with the tender team, consortium partners and (sub)contractors and proactively advise on time, progress, resource management, opportunities and risks. It is a multifaceted, but above all a responsible role, in which your knowledge and ingenuity will be put to the test to win the tenders. Typical tasks and responsibilities comprise:
- Develop the phasing and execution plan, considering all aspects of the work like logic, resource planning, cash flows and uncertainties;
- Create transparency and overview with clear visuals (by usage of Gant charts, Time-distance diagrams, storyboards and 4D-plans);
- Advise tender managers on strategic direction for the proposal and provide "what if scenarios" to consider;
- Deliver reliable project schedules during the tender phases;
- Initiate and lead brainstorm and workshop type meetings like planning reviews and rehearsals of concept (ROC);
- Share workload and knowledge with the other tender planners.
Within the Plan & Control department we work on the development and expansion of knowledge in the fields of Planning, Risk, Systems Engineering and Information Management. Your input is expected from your expertise and you can also develop yourself more broadly at the same time.
- Relevant Bachelor or Master degree;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position within the offshore(wind) industry, preferably in both the tender and execution phase;
- You are a first class organiser who takes a proactive role in the tenders;
- You rarely lose the overall picture (and if you do, you quickly regain it);
- With your communicative and social skills, you can bring together multiple disciplines;
- You have the ability to translate complex matters into simple insights;
- You can work as part of a team and independently without supervision;
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude;
- Experience in developing project schedules (e.g. Primavera P6, Acumen Fuse, TILOS, MS Project);
- Excellent command of the English language and preferably also the Dutch language.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Additional allowances for working on board / on project locations abroad;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2'15 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below.
Do you like to know more about Van Oord and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on
LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.