Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonized and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
As a Team Lead in our propulsion workshop, you will be responsible for the operational management of the daily work activities of the mechanics in the Propulsion Workshop (20 FTE),
Together you will work on overhauling, repairing, building and remodeling all types of marine propulsion systems such as Propellers, Thrusters, Oil Supply Units to name a few! Your main responsibility is to determine the daily planning, coordination, execution of the workload and managing the progress of the (propulsion) assemblies. Of course you make sure your team is motivated and is willing to walk the extra mile when needed. In this position you will report to the workshop manager.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- You prepare the assignments by checking the drawings, technical specifications, assembly – and transportation regulations.
- You ensure the availability of all required parts, documentations, work instructions and planning schedules.
- You keep a keen eye on Safety, Quality and 5S topics on the workshop floor.
- Leading a team of mechanical specialists, coaching, evaluating, executing development discussions.
- Ensure that the level of quality remains at top level by checking the work execution and address people when needed
- Approval of inspection / work reports
- Continuous improvement of WOW and processes but also the adherence of processes in place
What do we expect from you?
- That you have the high safety standard in your way of working that aligns with the Wärtsilä safety standard.
- Up to date with current technologies both hardware as software (example: Windows 365, SAP, SWF etcetera)
- You have a vocational or associate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Preferably 5 years of working experience in a production or maintenance environment of mechanical installations.
- Experience within the marine industry or propulsion installations is seen as an advantage.
- Knowledge or affinity with repair procedures like machining and welding.
- You have the ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- You are a stress resistant and flexible service professional who is able to positively coach a team.
- You are a strong natural leader with a no nonsense approach.
- Strong communication and reading skills in the Dutch and English language
What we offer you?
We highly care for employability of all our employees hence employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of training activities,learning solutions and self-study materials.
The opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an internationalworking environment, in an ambitious, growth orientated organisation.
We offer excellent primary and secondary terms ofemployment and a healthy work-life balance.
We foster openness, respect and trust. The culture can be described as down to earth and decisive.
Last application date: 31/03/2024
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.