Wilhelmsen Ahrenkiel Ship Management BV
Join our global team for a career filled with opportunities to solve challenges both small and large, local and global, simple and complex.
Wilhelmsen Ahrenkiel Ship Management is a technical ship manager based in Hamburg, Germany, and in Rhoon, the Netherlands, with focus on container ships. Together we continuously strive to supply efficient and high-quality ship management services to our customers. Shareholders are the globally operating Wilhelmsen Group and MPC Capital AG.
Technical Assistant (m/f)
at our branch office in Rhoon (Rotterdam area)
As part of our fleet team, your duties include:
- Administrative support and assistance to the Vessel Managers
- Close cooperation with the procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of spare parts and consumables
- Coordination of logistics of spare parts, landings for re-conditioning etc.
- Assistance to the Vessel Managers to monitor expiry of class and statutory ship certificates, due dates for inspection of safety equipment and arrangement of onboard
- Travel planning for the Vessel Managers and organization of meetings with vendors
- Administration of data and reports from the vessels (technical controlling)
- Reporting of improvement proposals of technical processes to HSEQ
- Assistance to the Vessel Managers to review PMS and other data and ship documents
- Preparation of documents for specific technical projects
- You have completed commercial training in the shipping or related industry.
- Preferably you have professional experience in ship management or related industry as a technical assistant or a similar role.
- You enjoy working independently, are well-organized and a team player.
- You have good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office is essential.
- EU working entitlement is essential.
If you want to face new challenges with us, please upload your application documents including your salary expectation and your earliest possible starting date. We look forward to receiving your application!