Windcat Workboats BV
Fleet Manager Netherlands and Belgium
Vacancy Fleet Manager Netherlands and Belgium (IJmuiden, NL - fulltime)
Windcat Workboats has been a dedicated offshore wind Crew Transfer Vessel (CTV) provider since the early days of the industry. As one of the leading companies in the industry Windcat designs and builds the vessels for their own operation.
With a fleet of 45 vessels and several vessels in build, a team of 55 onshore and 160 offshore, we are one of the largest CTV operators in the industry with a dedicated focus on this vessel type. From our head office in IJmuiden, we support the operation of all our vessels in the Netherlands and Belgium. Together with local Joint Venture Partners and the teams there we also support the vessels operating in France and Germany.
In the second half of 2021, Windcat will launch the world’s first Hydrogen CTV, using dual fuel technology, which will be the largest application of hydrogen on a vessel to date.
Our aim is to continue to hold the leading position in the market by continuous development of the company.
To support the operations of our fleet of ca. 10 vessels in the Netherlands and Belgium, we are looking for a Fleet Manager. As Fleet Manager you will be part of the larger operational team that support the other locations where we operate vessels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client focal point and company representative for operational activities at his/her designated port(s)
- Visit, inspect, and supervise operations on board the vessels of the site
- First point of contact for crews for any issues
- Collaborate with and report to Operations Manager, Technical Department, QHSE Department and Crewing Department to optimize the operation of the fleet in all aspects
- Sourcing and managing local accommodation for crews
- Carry out vessel inspections and audits
- Arrange and manage class and flag state vessel surveys
- Act as local contact in case of accidents and emergencies
- Reporting and verifying local applicable rules and (statutory) regulations and monitor changes to the relevant departments
- Manage contacts with local stakeholders, such as authorities, suppliers etcetera
- Manage supplies for vessels
- Motivate the vessel crews to continuously deliver industry leading performance
- Collaborate with other departments to achieve company goals
- Willingness to work flexible hours with on call duties outside normal office hours
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience of working in the Offshore Industry
- Coaching, anticipating and organizational skills and experience
- Motivator and team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing in English and Dutch
- Knowledge on local shipping legislation and regulations
- Able to administrate and report Experience in technical management of a larger fleet of vessels
- Willing to travel and work away from home
- Full time job in an international organization
- Company vehicle, phone and laptop
Please send your application with your motivation and CV to Sophia van den Berg [email protected]