SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Wherever you are in the world, in whatever industry, you can rely on our international teams of experts to provide specialized solutions to make your business faster, simpler and more efficient.
We partner with you to deliver independent services that will help you to improve operations, reduce risk and develop smart solutions.
OUR GROUP PROFILE
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our core services can be divided into four categories:
- Inspection: our comprehensive range of world-leading inspection and verification services, such as checking the condition and weight of traded goods at transshipment, help you to control quantity and quality, and meet all relevant regulatory requirements across different regions and markets
- Testing: our global network of testing facilities, staffed by knowledgeable and experienced personnel, enable you to reduce risks, shorten time to market and test the quality, safety and performance of your products against relevant health, safety and regulatory standards
- Certification: we enable you to demonstrate that your products, processes, systems or services are compliant with either national or international standards and regulations or customer defined standards, through certification
- Verification: we ensure that products and services comply with global standards and local regulations. Combining global coverage with local knowledge, unrivalled experience and expertise in virtually every industry, SGS covers the entire supply chain from raw materials to final consumption.
We are constantly looking beyond customers’ and society’s expectations in order to deliver market leading services wherever they are needed. As the leader in providing specialized business solutions that improve quality, safety and productivity and reduce risk, we help customers navigate an increasingly regulated world. Our independent services add significant value to our customers’ operations and ensure business sustainability.
As well as delivering services that promote sustainable development, our values also show a commitment to corporate sustainability. For us, sustainability is about managing a long-term profitable business while taking into account all the positive and negative environmental, social and economic effects we have on society. You can find out more about our sustainability policies and program in our Corporate Sustainability section.
In the early twentieth century we established services in the Netherlands to inspect cereals, fodder and dry bulk. Today, with our strategic locations near the port of Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Delfzijl and Vlissingen, we are the leading provider of inspection, certification, testing and verification services in the country.
We offer a highly diversified service portfolio for all sectors, with several acquisitions extending our scope.
Want to learn more about SGS? Contact us on 088-214 3012!
“SGS, when you need to be sure”
- Number of employees: 2.000
- Sector: Chemical, Maritime services, Ports, Oil & gas
- Preferred educational level: Mbo, Hbo
- Career level: Student, Starter (<3 years),
- Field of study: Maritime, Technical, Nautical
- Open vacancies: Cargo surveyor, NDO-employee, Chemical analyst
Ben je graag dé spil tussen de buitendienst en onze klanten en ben je goed in plannen en organiseren? Heb je daarnaast nog affiniteit met de nautische…