Vroon is an international shipping company providing seagoing transportation services and engineering & support solutions. A family-originated business, established in 1890, Vroon today operates and manages a diverse fleet of approximately 120 vessels. Vroon is active in the following business segments: livestock carriers; offshore-support vessels and services; product tankers; high-heat tankers and vessel-management services.
PUTTING OUR VALUES TO WORK, AT SEA AND ASHORE
Nothing is more important than ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of our employees, contractors, those we serve and the marine environment. Our way of working complies with all applicable legislation and guidelines, but also encourages other initiatives for protecting the safety, health and environment of those affected by the Company’s activities.
Our success depends on the abilities and dedication of all employees.
We value loyalty, honesty and integrity and we treat each other with respect.
We will each do our best, give our best and expect the best from each other.
We seek to be an employer of choice and promote teamwork, training and personal development.
We want to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, irrespective of background, culture or gender. At Vroon, we recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to all employees. Creating a team of individuals with different cultures, perspectives and experiences makes us stronger. We defend the rights of all our employees to feel safe and accepted in their place of work. We offer and contribute to a (cyber-) secure place of work for all colleagues ashore and at sea.
Vroon aims to provide a working environment where all employees are treated as individuals, fairly and in a consistent way.
Our initiatives, actions and targets geared to supporting our colleagues include:
- Leaders in Safety programme;
- Competence Management System;
- Education and experience;
- Instilling Vroon Core values;
- Continually evolving campaigns to address current issues, such as health, food, travel or behaviour.
Vroon is committed to respecting human rights throughout its operations and in all its relationships. We adhere to the International Bill of Rights, the Core Labor Rights Conventions of the International Labor Organization (ILO) and international agreements on the rights of vulnerable groups.
We are committed to support practices to combat slavery and human trafficking in our business and within our supply chains, subcontractor services and partners.
Sustainability and the environment
Sustainability is a key element in our Vision and Mission and is an integral part of our Core Values. For us, sustainability is any initiative that can reduce our environmental footprint and make our operations safer.
Responsible ship recycling
Vroon conducts its business in a legal, ethical and socially responsible manner and is committed to ensuring safe working conditions and protecting the environment in its daily operations.
More information can be found in our Code of Conduct published on the website www.vroon.nl.
JOIN VROON AND BECOME PART OF OUR HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM
There are few shipping companies with so much in-house knowledge of various shipping markets. Vroon operates worldwide and, in order to do so successfully, we depend on a world-class organisation, with highly qualified and highly motivated employees.
You can become part of the Vroon team, helping to provide high-quality services and fulfilling the promises we make.
Check out our areas of operation and where you can add value to our team:
COMMERCIAL AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Cooperating with a well-established, international commercial network, including vendors and brokers
- Chartering and tendering, including pooling services, time-charter & voyage-charter execution and post-fixture services
- Bunker management and continuous (live) monitoring of ship speed & fuel/oil consumption
- Proven track record in accommodation-workboat (AWB), heavy-lift and helideck operations
- Technical support, from audits and surveys to management of change, hull, machinery & systems condition monitoring and maintenance management
- Statutory and class certification
- Performance and engineering – including project management, ship designing, ship-performance improvement, conversion and newbuilding projects
- Procurement services, supported by a global supplier network
- Crewing services, including recruitment, competence & performance management and coordination of training, travel and payroll
QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Compliance with stringent (international) industry and client requirements
- ISO and OHSAS (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series) compliant certification
- Compliance with OVMSA2 (Offshore Vessel Management and Self-Assessment) and TMSA (Tanker Management and Self-Assessment) requirements
- An industry-recognised safety programme, Leaders in Safety
- Leadership in anti-corruption endeavours through our Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) membership
- In-house-developed safety-management system and risk-analysis procedures
- Regular ship inspections and vetting by independent safety inspectors
- Emergency-response management
24/7 support from our dedicated team in a wide range of disciplines that include:
- ICT – providing a modern and integrated ICT platform ashore and on board
- Legal – including insurance management, claims handling and negotiating & contractual assistance
- Accounting, Treasury and Controlling services
OUR NEW TEAM MEMBERS?
Vroon offers attractive employment conditions, including hybrid working, with a pleasant, fresh and bright work environment in the offices, and extensive training & career opportunities for both starters and experienced professionals.
Vroon regularly has vacancies for shore-based staff throughout its worldwide office network. We are always keen to meet ambitious team players who excel in their area of expertise. To be successful in our Company, you must be a highly motivated self-starter, enjoy working in teams and across borders and support our aim of delivering world-class services to all customers.
We would be happy to welcome you at Vroon!
Zero injuries and zero incidents – We want you all to return home safely.
- Number of employees: 2000
- Sectors: Dienstverlening, Logistiek, Maritiem, Offshore, Zeescheepvaart
- Preferred educational level: Vmbo, Mbo, Hbo, Wo bachelor, Wo master
- Preferred education: Maritime Operations, Shipping or Logistics, Higher Technical Education, Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
- Career level: Student, Starter (< 3 years), Young professional (3-5 years), Professional (5-10 years), Senior professional (>10 years)
- Open vacancies: Superintendent, Operator, QHSE Officer, Charterer, Crewing Officer
Vroon Offshore Services B.V. is based in Den Helder (NL) and operates platform-supply, subsea-support and walk-to-work vessels. Our most important objective…
Livestock Express, a Vroon company with offices in Breda (NL) and Singapore, is the world’s largest provider of premium livestock tonnage with almost 60…