Statoil AS Gets Drilling Permit from NPD
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil AS a drilling permit for wellbore 2/4-21.
Wellbore 2/4-21 will be drilled from the drilling facility Mærsk Gallant at position 56°42’00.81’’N and 3°8’34.31”E.
The drilling program for wellbore 2/4-21 applies to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 146. Statoil Petroleum ASA is the operator with a 77.8 per cent ownership interest, while the other licensee, Total E & P Norway AS, owns 22.2 per cent. Production licence 146 was awarded to Saga Petroleum in 1988 in the 12th licensing round.
The area in this production licence lies in the southern part of the North Sea and consists of parts of block 2/4. The well will be drilled about 18 km north of the Ekofisk field. The production licence has seen some drilling activity earlier.
The drilling permit is granted on the condition that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Source: npd , November, 1, 2011